The current three-language online-based portal “BRIDGES OF TIME” is implemented within the project “Bridges of Time: An integrated approach to improving the sustainable use of cross-border cultural heritage in Nikopol and Turnu Magurele”, funded by INTERREG V – A Romania-Bulgaria, under a concluded grant agreement.
The project is implemented in partnership between the lead partner Nikopol Municipality and Turnu Magurele Municipality. The project aims to promote transnational cooperation for the sustainable use of the cross-border cultural heritage of Nikopol and Turnu Magurele. The main goal of the project is to use the tourist potential of the region by developing an innovative integrated tourist product for preservation and promotion of the cultural heritage in the region.
The main activities of the project are based on the implementation of innovative, high-tech and environmental solutions for investing in sustainable tourism infrastructure and include:
– rehabilitation of the road to the Rock Church in Nikopol;
– construction of an open-air Archaeological Park-Museum “Bridges of Time” in Nikopol; – conservation of the medieval fortress in Turnu Magurele;
– conducting research and preparation of a marketing strategy for the promotion of the cultural and historical heritage in the region and the integrated products created within the project (the subject of the present procedure);
– creation of an online-based tourist platform;
– holding a 5-day festival “Bridges of Time”, including historical reconstructions from Antiquity and the Middle Ages;
– conducting an online advertising campaign;
– other publicity activities.
The feast of the town will be held from 14.08.2020 to 16.08.2020. This is an annual event and coincides with
Donation campaign against COVID-19
In implementation of national and local measures taken to combat KOVID-19, the Municipality of Nikopol has la
For any suggestions about the site you can call us or write.